THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COBOURG
VOLUNTEER FIRE FIGHTER
Reporting to the Fire Chief the successful applicant(s) will work under the supervision of senior officers to combat fires, perform rescue duties, administer first aid, respond to hazardous materials incidents and operate and maintain fire fighting apparatus and equipment.
· Legally entitled to work in Canada
· Ability to understand and communicate in English
· Minimum Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent.
· DZ license preferred with demonstrated satisfactory record
· Valid Standard First Aid and “Basic Rescuer” CPR (Level C) certificates preferred.
· Able to successfully complete all required fitness assessments, agility tests, and medical
· Provide a drivers abstract and criminal information check upon a conditional offer of employment.
Preference will be given to applicants living and working within 5 kilometers of the Cobourg fire hall and who have a letter from their employer permitting them to attend calls during working hours.
Information packages can be picked up at Victoria Hall, the Cobourg fire hall, 111 Elgin St. East or requested via email, email@example.com
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m.,
Monday September 15, 2014 to:
Human Resources Department
The Corporation of the Town of Cobourg Fax: (905) 372-8819
55 King St. West Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cobourg, Ontario, K9A 2M2 Website: www.cobourg.ca
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended. The Town of Cobourg is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all those individuals who apply; however, only those applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged.
Job Posting #14-10