THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COBOURG
WATER POLLUTION CONTROL PLANT OPERATOR
The Town of Cobourg has an immediate opportunity for a full time Water Pollution Control Plant Operator.
Reporting to the Manager of Water Pollution Control, the WPCP Operator assists in the overall operation and maintenance of the Town’s two Wastewater Treatment Facilities, eight sanitary/storm pumping stations and a Sequence Batch Reactor. Both indoor and outdoor work is required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3-year post-secondary education, in a related field of study.
- Experience in the fields of Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Microbiology, Chemistry and/or Environment Science is preferred.
- A Class 4 Wastewater Treatment license and a Class 2 Wastewater Collection license preferred or must obtain within 5 years of hire.
- Familiar with the requirements of ISO 14000, ISO 9000 and/or HACCP preferred.
- Computer proficiency is essential.
- Minimum Class G Drivers License with a demonstrated acceptable record is mandatory.
This is a full time position governed by the Collective Agreement with C.U.P.E Local 25 - 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday and involves rotating on-call duties to cover weekends. A full and competitive benefit package is included. Wage Scale - $21.97 – $29.48/hr (Depending on Qualifications)
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m.,
Thursday October 16, 2014 to:
Human Resources Department
The Corporation of the Town of Cobourg Fax: (905) 372-8819
55 King St. West Email: email@example.com
Cobourg, Ontario, K9A 2M2 Website: www.cobourg.ca
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended. The Town of Cobourg is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all those individual who apply; however, only those applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged.
Job Posting #14-13