THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COBOURG
REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING POSITION(S):
PLANS EXAMINER/INSPECTOR – BUILDING DEPARTMENT
The Town of Cobourg requires a full time Plans Examiner/Inspector. Reporting to the Chief Building Official the Plans Examiner/Inspector will Interpret and enforce the Ontario Building Code, relevant municipal by-laws and other applicable law by reviewing plans and building permit applications, issue permits, respond to public inquiries.
• receive and verify completeness of building permit applications,
• process building and plumbing permits,
• enter application information into computer system,
• review plans for new buildings, additions, renovations for compliance with the Ontario Building Code, by-laws and applicable law,
• calculate permit fees, development charges for new buildings and additions,
• collect applicable fees and issue receipts,
• issue building permits and related documentation,
• Enter and revise building permits, inspection and property information to maintain accurate computer records,
• assign addresses to new properties within the municipality and inform the appropriate individuals and agencies.
• Certified Building Code Official
• Have Ministry of Housing BCIN designation
• Have a minimum three years practical experience in construction industry
• Have a minimum three years’ experience in the enforcement of the Ontario Building Code
• Possess excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read blueprints
• Possess a valid driver’s license and provide a vehicle as require to fulfil the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently
• DZ licence with demonstrated satisfactory record
This position is governed by the Town’s collective agreement with CUPE Local 25.
The wage scale for this position is Grade 8A – Inside worker: $26.52 - $33.15 per hour plus a competitive benefit package.
Interested applicants should forward their resume in confidence no later than 4:30 pm Thursday November 12, 2015 to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Corporation of the Town of Cobourg Fax: (905) 372-8819
55 King Street West Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cobourg, ON, K9A 2M2
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will receive a response.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended. The Town of Cobourg is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.