THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COBOURG
WATER POLLUTION CONTROL PLANT - OPERATOR
REGULAR FULL TIME
The Corporation of the Town of Cobourg has an opening for a regular full-time Water Pollution Control Plant Operator.
Reporting to the Manager of Water Pollution Control, the WPCP Operator assists in the operation and maintenance of the Town’s two Wastewater Treatment facilities, 5 Sanitary, 3 Storm pumping stations and a Sequence Batch Reactor.
• Responsible for monitoring, control and maintenance of all aspects of the sewage treatment process.
• Operating the Plant in accordance with the MOE requirements and ensure continuous compliance with the Plant’s Certificate of Approval.
• Inspect all equipment for operational malfunctions and ensure all necessary repairs are completed expediently and in accordance with the applicable Operations & Maintenance system.
• Carries out laboratory analyses on sewage and provide lab data to the Operator-In-Charge (OIC) to ensure appropriate process changes are made when necessary.
• Coordinates the repair and maintenance of all equipment and structures associated with the Water Pollution Control Plants and Pumping Stations.
• Carrying out the necessary janitorial and yard maintenance work at the Plant and the various Pumping Stations.
• Daily review of Plant operations with Supervisor.
• Assisting in the administration of the Sewer Use By-law.
• Participating in a minimum of 40 hrs/yr of training as provided by the Municipality.
• Perform other duties such as participating in safety drills and in the use of safety equipment.
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 3-year post-secondary education, in a related field of study
• Experience in the fields of Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Microbiology, Chemistry and/or Environment Science is preferred
• Must obtain a Class 4 Wastewater Treatment, and a Class 2 Collection, license within 5 years of hire
• Familiar with the requirements of ISO 14000, ISO 9000 and/or HACCP preferred
• Computer proficiency is essential
• Minimum Class G Drivers License with a demonstrated acceptable record is mandatory
This position is governed by the Town’s collective agreement with CUPE Local 25. - 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday and involves rotating on-call duties to cover weekends. A full and competitive benefit package is included. The wage scale for this position is: $21.97 - $27.46 per depending on qualifications.
Interested applicants should forward their resume in confidence no later than 4:30 pm Friday August 7, 2015 to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Corporation of the Town of Cobourg
55 King Street West
Fax: (905) 372-8819
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will receive a response.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended. The Town of Cobourg is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.