Licensing Information


The Clerks Department is responsible for the following licences (with more details below):
Marriage Licences
Lottery Licences
Taxi Driver / Owner Licences 
Refreshment Vehicles
Itinerant Vendors (previously Hawkers & Peddlers)

Hours Issued - 8:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
License fee - $125.00 by cash, cheque or debit

The application forms for marriage licenses can be obtained in the Municipal Clerk's Department (905) 372-4301 at
Victoria Hall, 55 King Street West, Cobourg and we have provided a complete package of information below.

The Complete Marriage Information Packaged includes:

Page 1 -- Cobourg Civil Marriage Ceremony Information
Page 4 -- Cobourg Marriage Licence Requirements
                  (Hours, Fees, Identification and Divorce documents required)
Page 5 -- Ontario Marriage Licence Requirements
Page 6 -- Service Ontario info on Officiators
Page 7 -- Marriage Licence Application Form

For people who were divorced outside of Canada, please click on the link below for information/requirements.

Foreign Divorce Requirements


Applications for Bingo, Nevada, Raffle and Bazaars can be obtained from the Municipal Clerk's Office - Town of Cobourg, 55 King Street West, Cobourg, ON K9A 2M2. For information on eligibility, licensing fees, legal requirements, reporting requirements, etc., please call the Lottery Licensing Officer for the Town of Cobourg at (905) 372-4301.

Click here for lottery forms and information from the AGCO.


Taxicab Drivers and Owners BY-LAW 014-2014 PDF
A "taxicab" means a motor vehicle having a seating capacity of not more than six persons, exclusive of the Driver, hired for a Trip forf the exclusive transportation of one person or group of persons, with one Fare being collected or made for the Trip. 

Taxicab Owners and Taxicab Drivers are required to renew Licences annually by March 31 of each year. 

Taxicab Fares are regulated by Cobourg Municipal Council and may be amended from time to time. 

Taxicab Driver's Licence Application Form

Taxicab Owner's Licence Application Form

List of Taxicab Companies licensed by The Corporation of the Town of Cobourg

Taxicap Fares / Taxicab Passenger Bill of Rights Taxicab Passenger Bill of Rights 

Taxicab Complaint Form 

Taxicab Compliment Form 

ITINERANT VENDOR LICENCE (formerly Hawkers and Peddlers)

Itinerant Vendor By-law No. 032-2012

Itinerant Vendor Application Form

Itinerant Vendors includes persons who go from place to place or to a particular place for a temporary period with goods, wares or merchandise for sale. This activity is regulated by By-law Number 032-2012.

The license fee is $500.00 annually.

Copies of the above noted by-laws are available in the
Municipal Clerk's Office.


Town Calendar

Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
Show Full Calendar

Cobourg Tourism